BPH Center in Salt Lake City, Utah
BPH is among the most common diseases facing aging men (at least 10 times more common than and unrelated to prostate cancer), which impacts the quality of life of the patient and his partner by causing bothersome lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS), and sometimes even worse consequences as bladder health deteriorates.
Dr. Steven Gange in Salt Lake City is a renowned pioneer throughout the United States when it comes to benign prostatic hyperplasia treatment. If you would like more information about BPH symptoms or treatment and are in the Salt Lake City, Utah area, contact our urology clinic in Salt Lake City, Utah at (801) 993-1800.
Meet UroLift Specialist Dr. Steven Gange
Performed Over 1300 UroLift Procedures
First Urologist in North America to Perform UroLift
Performed Over 100 OMLS Urolift Procedures
See why Dr. Steven Gange is one of the nation’s leading expert in UroLift & BPH Treatment!
- The first urologist in North America to perform UroLift and performed more than any other investigator.
- Performed Over 1300 UroLift Procedures.
- First doctor in the world to perform the UroLift procedure under local anesthesia.
- Taught UroLift to hundreds of urologists in nearly every US state and Canada (during COVID he also conducted webinars to urologists in SE Asia, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe)
- Awarded the world’s first UroLift Center of Excellence in 2016.
- Performed Over 100 OMLS UroLift Procedures & is the only urologist teaching others this advanced UroLift technique.
Dr Gange’s Ongoing BPH Clinical Research (with JBR-Utah)
- IMPACT Trial (Sponsor Teleflex): RCT w Flomax v UroLift (and crossover opportunity for Flomax group at 3mos)
- STATUS: enrolling
- Butterfly (Sponsor Butterfly Medical, Israel): Butterfly BPH Device v Sham
- STATUS: enrolling
- ProVee (Sponsor Proverum, Ireland): ProVee BPH Device v Sham
- STATUS: probably enrolling Summer 2022
What is UroLift?
The prostatic urethral lift (UroLift® System Treatment) is a breakthrough technology that provides a choice other than medications which are only mildly effective and TURP or Laser surgery which are moderately invasive. Urologists can now confidently reduce the daily medication burden of our patients and protect their bladder health, while avoiding the side effects of both medications and traditional BPH surgeries.
UroLift is a straightforward procedure that uses small permanent implants to mechanically displace and hold back obstructive prostate tissue. FDA-approved in 2013, UroLift is recommended in the BPH Procedural Guidelines of the American Urological Association for men with prostatic obstruction interested in preserving sexual function, and has now been performed on well over 300,000 men worldwide.
Are You Ready?
Take the BPH quiz to determine if you are prepared for treatment.
BPH Treatment Resources
View all of our UroLift & BPH/Bladder Drug Side Effects Resources.
New in 2022
Check out the latest in UroLift & BPH News & Events from Dr. Gange.