Urinary Incontinence Treatment for Men – ProACT™
Treated by Dr. Gange from his Office in Salt Lake City, UT
Dr. Gange is the first urologist in the region to offer ProACT™ Adjustable Continence Therapy for Men. It is indicated for the treatment of adult men who have stress incontinence arising from intrinsic sphincter deficiency of at least twelve months duration following radical prostatectomy or transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) and who have failed to respond adequately to conservative therapy.
- Minimally invasive
- Outpatient procedure
- No patient manipulation required
- Device contains no mesh
PROACT MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You have had a radical prostatectomy or transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP).
- Your stress urinary incontinence has persisted for at least 12 months after your prostate surgery.
- You have not adequately responded to conservative treatments.
Dr. Gange proudly offers ProACT™ as a treatment for male incontinence. More than 8,000 men have been implanted with ProACT to date. The first patients were implanted in the year 2000 and there is published data on five-year average follow-up with positive long-term results.1,2.
To learn whether ProACT™ is right for you, contact Dr. Gange’s office at (801) 993-1800. Alternatively, you can request an appointment online using our secure form.
1. Roupret M, Vincent M, Pierre-Nicolas G, Stephane B, Florence C, Emmanuel CK Management of Stress Urinary Incontinence Following Prostate Surgery With Minimally Invasive Adjustable Continence balloon Implants:Functional Results from a Single Center prospective study. J.Urol ,2011 July;Vol 186, 198-203 DOI:10.1016/j.juro.2011.03.016.
2.Kjaer,L, Fode,M, Norgaard N, Sonksen J and Nordling J Adjustable continence balloons: Clinical results of a new minimally invasive treatment for male urinary incontinence.Scandinavian J of Urology and Nephrology , 2012;1-5 (DOI:10.3109/00365599.2012.660986)